Hear My Cry Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, was founded upon a mission to address the growing epidemic of suicide impacting our communities and the under-served populations through programs and services. We exercise high standards of ethics, best practice management, and accountability in education, prevention, and recovery. The mission of Hear My Cry Foundation is personal to the founder, Tazora Moore, because she lost her husband to suicide in July of 2012. As a result, Hear My Cry Foundation is dedicated in remembrance of Daryl Wayne Moore.
- Eliminate the negative stigma associated with suicide.
- Provide the community with informative resources about warning signs of suicide and mental illness.
- Provide support to individuals and/or families that are dealing with suicide and mental illness.
- Provide training to faith based institutions
- Referral resource network (Psychologist, Psychiatrists, Counselors, family doctors, etc.)
- Community Q&A forums quarterly.
- Free material (churches, schools, clinics, etc.)
ACTIVITIES IN COMMUNITIES
- We will collect and distribute best practice mental illness, suicide awareness, and recovery materials beginning in the underserved community of Dallas County. We will provide these materials free to churches, neighborhood clinics, schools, community centers and etc. on a monthly basis.
- We will facilitate quarterly community based information/Q & A forums. These forums will be comprised of individuals, families, and experts in the area of suicide awareness, prevention and recovery.
- We will develop a referral resource network with the following: Psychiatrists/Psychologists, Trained Church Counselors, Other Therapists, Family doctor/pediatrician, Mental health services, Hospital emergency rooms, Walk-in clinics, Psychiatric hospitals
TOGETHER we will break the stigma and save lives from suicide! For more information about Hear My Cry Foundation please send an email to: email@example.com. If you need help or need to talk to someone call 1-800-273-8255.